Saturday, January 24, 2009

Thai Fast: Days 11 & 12: Big Buddha and Patong Trip

Day 11 we went to see the "Big Buddha" project that is on one of the highest spots of Phuket. The Buddha is enormous and can be seen from almost anywhere on the island.
A man gazing at the Big Buddha:

There are monks that live on the premises. This one had the public rotation where he sits and blesses the visitors that come in:


A Coconut Juice break...again. Can you tell this is the ONLY treat we are allowed? :-)

Evening of Day 12 we went out to Patong. A crowded area full of shopping, lights and night activity. Incedentally, it is also the better place in Phuket for seeing Thailand's infamous "Ladyboys."

Nicole and Myself with two of the Ladyboys. Yes, transgenders. They were born men and then made the transformation later in life:

Check out the size of this seafood! The restaurants all put it out on ice to show you what you are getting before you agree to come in:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our society, and I think it is safe to say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.

I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further advances, the possibility of copying our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could experience in my lifetime.

(Posted by Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4i[/url] Net10)

Anonymous said...

Very interesting info. I was searching the web and finally I found Your blog. Regards.

Anonymous said...

I love experiencingchina.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards