Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Emotions Building...

There have been soooo many conversations about China between us and it is so neat to see all of the different thoughts racing through everyone's heads. It is such a mixture of excitement, expectations, nervousness, anticipation, and even a little anxiety. Technically, out of everyone going from USC, I should have the best idea of what to expect because I'm the only one that's been there before. But my two trips were only 6 weeks and 4 months long and I still find myself wondering what 18 whole months will feel like. How will we all be different? How deep will we sink our teeth into the culture? Will I uncover so many cultural nuances that I overlooked last time? I hope so. I look forward to being stretched and challenged beyond expectations and to coming back different from the person that left. I think our challenge is to follow the advice of Confucius: "Wherever you go, go with all your heart."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

But leave a little of your heart here...so you will have to come back to visit us :-)...miss you already

David said...

I like that quote! I can't wait to hang with y'all in China. btw, how do you say "Y'all" in Chinese?

Anonymous said...

As the self-anointed queen of quotes, here's another one to take with you:
"You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think."
                -Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh

Or in the case of this blog:
"Nulla Dies Sine Linea"
(Never a day without a line)