Saturday, March 31, 2007

A Great Saturday!

The Romanian mother is here, and it is great. She brought a suitcase full of goodies, including a lot of stuff that she cooked in Romania. (She's a caterer and owns her own business there.) Adrian picked her up early in the morning and they instantly began shopping for the big party at our house tomorrow night. When Sarah and I got home, we immediately noticed the mother details...the extra food, the Easter decorations, the curtains drawn in every room. She set out the bunny and eggs in this picture for Easter next week and arranged the flowers!

Meanwhile...the rest of us headed off early with 8 buses of international students and went to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall of China. This was my third section that I've visited, and it was very cool. I took the cable car up to the top, and then hiked as high as we could go until the wall hadn't been restored anymore. It was a beautiful day and it was great being around all of the friends from school. The following video was a fun little "yelling" contest that I started with some Chinese buddies we made during the hike up...

This is me at the beginning of the climb. Yes...I went all the way up that wall behind me!

Sarah bought this hat at the bottom of the Great Wall. These are the THREE CHINESE ROOMIES!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie! the great wall seems great! this is one of the things I definitely want to see in my life... your blog, pictures and videos are really descriptive!