Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Classes....AAHH.

The honeymoon is over. Our relaxing yet busy week and a half without classes is gone and we're up at 6:30 every morning! We thoroughly enjoyed taking our time, playing in Beijing, getting stuff we needed. Now our nights are spent doing late night homework...(with slight blog interruptions, of course.) I tested into the most advanced section of the third year...business chinese...but seem to just be a good test-taker. I wish I could blame it on the fact that there is no heat in the classrooms! There are five classes and six different books. Although we speak about the same, my classmates are much more advanced in terms of character recognition and writing. Of course, they are mostly Japanese and Korean with the exception of a Russian...so that doesn't hurt their ability. Needless to say, after two days, I think these classes will certainly murder me and am considering dropping down a level. One of my teachers agreed...so we'll see on Thursday when I go to the office...

1 comment:

Kate said...

Stephanie!! I just found your blog and am totally psyched about it. I love the videos! It looks like y'all are having a grand adventure and your apartment is AMAZING! Wow! Good luck with continuing adjustment and keep up the awesomeness!