Monday, October 1, 2012

18 Months...a Whirlwind Tour


18 months since I last posted on my blog www.watchorlive.blogspot.com! So. Shameful. How did that happen? I don't have access to Blogger when I'm in China for work (80% of the time) and until this month, I didn't even pay for wireless in my apartment in Michigan! But now, I've re-joined the world, and all of you.

What's been going on, you ask? Last year I started a new job with my same company! I've been at it for 18 months now, launching a new plant in Shanghai. It's challenging. Boy, is it challenging! But such a valuable experience, (not to mention a resume-builder). I have another 6-12 months on the project before I need to move on to my next step.

This past year and a half have been exciting and very eventful! A brother got married, my boyfriend came to Asia for the first time, I bought a house, my car burned down, I went to a couple new countries, grew to love a new city (obviously I'm referring to Shanghai here, and not Jackson, MI), and most importantly: I finally got to my 1K status on United Airlines! Well, maybe not the most important, but definitely makes the trips a bit more comfortable.

It's time to share a couple of the highlights of what's been going on via photos! Why don't we work backwards!?

August 2012: Mom and Soeren made it to China! Here we are at Tian Tan (The Temple of Heaven)

We also got to stay in Yang Shuo (Guilin) for a couple of nights and the scenery was fantastic! Just what we needed for a few days out of the city.

July 2012: I took a long weekend for the 4th of July and got to see Soeren in Europe.  We did our weekend in Vienna (because tickets were cheap to that airport) and got to dip over to Bratislava, Slovakia for a day ask well!


May 2012:  A trip home to go to my little brother's wedding!  He married a gal named Kera and they are in the middle of living happily ever after with their furry child, Cyrus.



April 2012:  I had a special 3-day weekend away from Shanghai in CAMBODIA with my favorite new gal, Kate!  We hit up Phnom Phen and Siem Reap and had a weekend full of beautiful sights, lots of sweat and many, many cheap massages.



Christmas 2011 and New Years 2012 in Beaufort, SC, spending time with the people I love!


December 2011: Right before I went home from Asia for Christmas, I stopped in Seoul, Korea to see my little sister!


November 2011:  A weekend in Florida doing all things coastal!

Sometime in fall 2011: Visits to Beijing to see some of the best buds!  


AND we bumped into Ai Weiwei while boating in Beijing's Chaoyang park!

September 2011: Visit to see Soeren in Germany with visits to castles, Stuttgart, and Heidelberg!



July 2011:  Summer in Beaufort, SC with some of my favorite people visiting!  It was Soeren's first time on a wind surfer.  Show-off!


 June 2011:  Visiting those same buds in Pittsburgh was like a little piece of heaven.  Definitely good for the soul!


March 2011:  I started my new job and the JW Marriott in Shanghai became my new home-away-from-home, and I started really exploring the city!



I'm gonna call that whirlwind tour through the last 18 months a wrap!  Hopefully I can get into more knitty gritty topics later on now that the update is out of the way!  I missed you all- it's been too long!  Good to see you again :)





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

[URL=http://pharmacypills.atspace.co.uk/buy-amitriptyline-canada/purchase-endep-10-mg.html]purchase endep 10 mg[/URL]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.freewebs.com/trazodone-buy]desyrel 25 mg
[/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.freewebs.com/duloxetine-online/]buy duloxetine online
[/url] xeristar fa ingrassare
cymbalta 30 mg forum
cymbalta 60 mg efectos secundarios

Anonymous said...

[url=http://casodex-bicalutamide.webs.com/]acheter Casodex
[/url] Zolacos
comprar Bicalutamide
order Casodex online

Anonymous said...

[url=http://cyclosporine.webs.com]buying Neoral online
[/url] buy cyclosporine no prescription
ciclosporina in psoriasi
cyclosporine neoral